A Companion to the Anthropology of the Middle East presents a comprehensive overview of current trends and future directions in anthropological research and activism in the modern Middle East.
- Named as one of Choice's Outstanding Academic Titles of 2016
- Offers critical perspectives on the theoretical, methodological, and pedagogical goals of anthropology in the Middle East
- Analyzes the conditions of cultural and social transformation in the Middle Eastern region and its relations with other areas of the world
- Features contributions by top experts in various Middle East anthropological specialties
- Features in-depth coverage of issues drawn from religion, the arts, language, politics, political economy, the law, human rights, multiculturalism, and globalization
A Companion to the Anthropology of the Middle East